Thursday, August 18, 2011

Chatting on the phone with Grams on 6/1/11

Hi Everybody!
It's me, Julien the Toddler!
So much keeps happening for me that I'm constantly falling behind with my blogging.
As you know, June 4 is my birthday. On June 1, I had a very nice phone call with Grams!

I'm speaking with Grams using Mommy's phone. Some people could call Mommy's phone a bit old-fashioned, since it has the fun red cord and is not cordless.


But it's so fun to hold the phone cord while I'm on the phone! I can twirl and twist it with my fingers.

Sometimes I would get so excited twirling the cord that I'd forget to hold the phone receiver - and then Mommy or Daddy will help.

Ah - I'm holding the phone receiver with one hand while playing with the cord with my other hand.
This also is a great way for me to feel more comfortable about holding cords, string, or other long thin pieces. As I get more familiar with common everyday objects, they become less fascinating and dangerous, and instead just become the functional pieces that they are for me. So it's much safer for me this way!
And yes, go ahead and say it. He's on the phone! You know you wanted it!

Love,
Julien the Toddler

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! Great song, and how funny about him playing with the cord instead! Technology sure is starting an early obsession these days. I've seen 10 year-olds with their own cell phones and think to myself "I didn't have my first phone until 21!"

    ReplyDelete