Saturday, June 4, 2011

Happy Birthday to Julien!

Happy birthday Julien!
It's DOJ, aka your daddy! And you're now 2 years old.
It's hard to believe. Time flies when we're having fun. We've had a lot of fun throughout the past 2 years, ever since the day we first met at the hospital!

I've had a lot of amazing "firsts" with you! I got to experience your first giggle, when you were not even a full month old. That is an amazing memory, made even more joyful that Mommy and I were there together with you for that first laugh.
Then there was that time I was able to take a picture of you when you had a big smile - this is when you were just over 2 months old!

Not only were Mommy and I with you for your first travels, but we all had a lot of fun together!
I'm forever amazed about that day when we first saw you walking (without any assistance), on Monday July 26. I didn't get pictures of you walking that day, but I was lucky enough to film you walking a couple days later. Here are some fun pictures from that first day of walking, when we hosted some other babies (and their parents) at our house!
Here you are in our living room, walking with the assistance of the couch as your support! Lily, who was already walking, is offering her moral support while Eli watches from afar.

Later that day you carefully made your way out of the house, respecting the steps as you navigated towards our car.

Once you discovered your ability to walk, you realized how much there is to discover. We've had a whole lot of fun as we've all learned what you enjoy doing. You're very independent, yet also aware of when you may want to have assistance from Mommy and me!
While in the Rhodie Shores, you enjoyed exploring in the beach but still were careful to hold hands as the tide rose! You knew that we had a whole camera crew to help if needed, but you still wisely chose to hold my hand!

While at a pumpkin patch in Half Moon Bay, you wanted to explore with both hands free!

And at London's Santarchy, you were quite content to rest in my arms while you greeted the Santas!

Of course, we've been very fortunate to take some very exciting pictures with you.

As you're growing up, your own personal skills and knowledge are increasing. Just yesterday (June 3), you not only said "Thank you" but you added "Dadda" to say "Thank you, Dadda" - knowing that you weren't just being thankful, but that you were being thankful to me. That is amazing to think about - it reminds me of when you greeted me with a "Hi Dadda!" on Christmas Eve 2010.
You're social as ever - you enjoy waving and greeting people and animals of all ages. The past session of Park & Rec classes were more fun than ever as you got to better know your fellow toddlers. It's so sweet to see you making friends with other babies. But maybe that's no surprise, because we all remember how excited you were to see Ruby and her parents after we were apart for 2 weeks - and this was back in August 2010!
I'll close off this blog with American Spring's "Fallin' in Love" video, a song that perfectly encapsulates the love that Mommy and I have for our little Julien!

Love,
Daddy - Dadda - DOJ - Your father

1 comment: