Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Feb 24 - Mar 1 2011 Maui (Hawaii) trip!

Hi everybody!
It's me, Julien the Baby!
As I mentioned in a previous post, we went to Maui in late February. It was a very fun vacation! It was my first time in Hawaii... Mommy's first time since 2004... and DOJ's first time since 1983! We had thought about coming to Hawaii for awhile, ever since Ruby went to Hawaii in December 2009.
So here's the really fun part: Sam and his parents and Sue were also there. In fact, Sam's mommy came up with the idea! And Rowan and his parents were also there. We all stayed at the same complex, although in separate rooms since Sam, Rowan, and I all like to have our own places to sleep even if we have fun spending the day together.
There are so many great beaches in Maui, and one fun element is snorkeling. We went to Snorkel Bob's shop so that we could rent some great snorkel gear. Both Mommy and Daddy wanted to be able to go in the ocean and look at the coral and beautiful tropical fish underwater.

The shop assistant also gave me flippers to try on, because she said that I was definitely the right age to snorkel!

Here I'm wearing my bathing-design romper and putting on a snorkel flipper fin. It was a bit too large for my tootsie!

I still had fun trying on the fin, but in the end, I decided that just Mommy and DOJ would use the snorkel gear.

In case you've wondered what DOJ looks when he's wearing a snorkel mask, here it is. I had to tell him to remove the mask when we left the shop - he didn't realize that he would only need to wear it at the beach. I think he was planning to wear it in the car while driving. Silly DOJ!
As I get more pictures from Maui, I'll blog more, because it really was a wonderful vacation. I can't wait to return. It'll be bonus if other baby friends also go - hint hint Ruby :-)
love,
Julien the Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment