Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dubai



So this part of Phoenix is like Dubai. Unfortunately it's Dubai 2009 and not Dubai 2005. There are so many gorgeous buildings and structures that probably cost a lot of money to build. But there aren't any people to spend money here. Dubai has so many vacant storefronts to match the lack of people. But these places make beautiful backgrounds for the pictures of me...
The left picture was taken Friday Jan 22, 2010 in Biltmore Fashion Mall, aka Dubai, around 3pm. It's hard to tell, but there are actual stores in this picture - these aren't the vacant stores elsewhere in Dubai. And the stores are open, and there are people working in the stores. But there aren't customers. So I guess in a way, you can say that these are vacant stores.
The right picture was taken Saturday Jan 23, 2010 across the street from Dubai. I call this the Dubai Palace, because it's so structurally modern and impressive. I think there is a Ruth's Chris Steak House to the right of the structure, that isn't in the picture. This palace is deserted but boy does it make a good backdrop for my picture! I look really happy in this picture because I'm Julien and I'm a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment