Tuesday, November 2, 2010

September 2010: the end of our New England trip!

Hello Everybody!
It's me, Julien the Baby! I am quite far behind with blogging about the rest of our New England trip! When I last blogged about it, we had been visiting Brown University on Thursday September 9, 2010. Basically, we had a great time visiting there, and we then drove to Middletown, RI which is right near Newport. Newport RI is famous for their beaches (touching The Atlantic Ocean) as well as the Tennis Hall of Fame. We stayed in the next town over, and quite enjoyed it!
We had dinner at Anthony's Seafood, where the locals dine! My parents are obsessed with having lobster rolls, and from what I understood, they quite enjoyed them!
On Friday September 10, we drove around Middletown and Newport. We stopped at Third Beach, so that we could be in the Atlantic Ocean water. But first we went to Anthony's Seafood where my parents had lobster rolls for their luncheon.

As you can see, I'm enjoying running around on the beach. Third Beach was actually very nice, but it isn't as popular as the other beaches (cleverly called First Beach and Second Beach), so we had the beach all to ourselves.

After the beach we went to Sweet Berry Farm, which is a you-pick farm. We didn't pick any fruits or vegetables, but I enjoyed walking among the flowers and corn fields. That evening, we went back to Anthony's Seafood and my parents once again had lobster rolls for dinner. Then we drove to Tiverton and my parents had ice cream at Gray's Ice Cream.

On Saturday September 11, we checked out from the house we rented and walked along the famous Newport Cliffwalk, which has a lot of nice mansions and cliff/water views. Here I am with DOJ and our stroller. The stroller was really nice to have on this walk - I got to rest in the stroller while my parents pushed the stroller!
From the Cliffwalk, we went to Second Beach and enjoyed lounging in the sun. We then drove back to Western Massachusetts... after we went AGAIN to Anthony's Seafood so that my parents could once again have lobster rolls. My parents said that this was so they would have energy for the drive back, but I think that they just wanted to have lobster rolls again!

Here I am in Western Massachusetts on Sunday September 12. You can't see my shirt too clearly in this picture, but it's for Elmer's, a fun restaurant and shop in the town where Michael and Jason live. It was one of the many fun gifts that they gave me.

And here I am with Michael and Jason - we enjoyed our final dinner together at The People's Pint (in Greenfield, MA) on Sunday night, September 12. I saw a few other babies there so it was nice to chat with the other babies while my parents and Michael and Jason chatted about adult stuff, like the home-brewed sodas at the People's Pint.
The following day, we flew back home! We first drove Michael into Cambridge, then drove into Boston so that my parents could change my diaper in the Back Bay. Then we drove to Logan Airport, and finally flew back home.
I can't wait to return to Western Massachusetts. I don't know if I need to return to Anthony's Seafood 4 times but I can imagine going there thrice.
Love,
Julien the Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment