Tuesday, December 28, 2010

London Friday December 10, 2010

Hi everybody!
It's me, Julien the Baby!
On Friday December 10, we headed out to the Borough Market, near London Bridge tube station! We again took the Tube, again going to Westminster, only this time we transferred to the Jubilee line to get to London Bridge station! It's super convenient that Westminster and London Bridge have elevators.

In case you're wondering, we're at the Borough Market!


Borough Market is open Thursday to Sundays (or is it Saturdays?) - we went on a Friday so I can't remember the exact details. It's a food extravaganza! DOJ enjoyed a falafel that was made on the spot.

My parents and PoPo also enjoyed raclette cheese over potatoes. The cheese was melted on-site by order. It was very impressive.

I ate everything that my parents ate.

I think you all know how much I love pickles - so a cornichon was no different! Yum.

After the market, we saw a Konditor & Cook bakery. Mommy and DOJ had previously been to a Konditor & Cook on Tuesday during their walking tour in Southeast London. After the bakery, we continued to stroll in this area of South London, south of the Thames. We ended up at the Tate Modern museum!

This was DOJ's and PoPo's first time in the museum. The main exhibition in the Turbine Hall was Ai Weiwei's assortment of 100 million porcelain sunflowers, all painted by hand!

These look just like sunflowers, but they're really porcelain!

A lot of people were enjoying the view.

Admittedly, I was tired so I didn't see them. But we're not allowed to touch them, and if I had been awake, I'd probably be upset that I couldn't play with these. They look delicious!

I eventually woke up, and found myself upside down in the snack area...

After the museum, we walked across the Millenium Bridge, which is a pedestrian bridge inbetween The Tate Modern and St Paul's Cathedral.

The nighttime views were gorgeous. Mind you this was probably 5pm, ha ha.

Welcome to London, in case you didn't know where we were :-) We strolled to the Mansion House tube station, and caught the Circle Line back home.

PoPo helped me walk up the stairs while Mommy and DOJ carried my stroller (now folded up) with their other gear.

DOJ helped hold me up so that I could study the Tube map, in case I need to give him directions for a future journey. I try to be helpful! We then headed home and had takeaway Chinese and Halal (you can guess who ate what!) for supper. I was ready for bed!
And that's our fun Friday in London!
Love,
Julien the Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment