Tuesday, December 28, 2010

London Wednesday December 8, 2010

Hi everybody!
It's me, Julien the Baby!
I hope that you are all enjoying the December holidays!
I've been very busy with assorted festivities, not to mention my usual activities! But I still want to share stories about our London vacation!
On Wednesday December 8, we had a leisurely morning, and then strolled through Hyde Park. We started on the north side, near where we stayed, and walked South towards the Royal Albert Hall. There is a large statue that's the Albert Memorial, and Mommy took a few pictures.

Here's the Albert Memorial, in honor of Prince Albert who died in 1861. His widow Queen Victoria had it built that decade, and then it opened in 1872. This is before I was born!

This is the Royal Albert Hall, also named after Prince Albert. DOJ is always interested in this place because a lot of his favorite music bands played there. He first learned of it because Pink Floyd performed there in 1969! DOJ later met a guy who attended that concert - he even visited and stayed at that guy's house!
Anyway after our stroll, we took a bus to Leicester Square to purchase tickets at a musical. There was a lot of construction and minor chaos, so it was a long journey; after we bought tickets for Mommy and PoPo to see Love Never Dies (the sequel to Phantom of the Opera), we went to a restaurant near the theatre district.



After our late luncheon, we took a stroll in Covent Garden area, visiting shops like Muji. Then we went to find the theatre so that Mommy and PoPo wouldn't get lost, since DOJ (who seems to know London geography pretty well) wouldn't be with them. Instead the plan was for him to take me home so that I could go to sleep! My parents are very thoughtful, always arranging their schedules around what's best for me. They're keepers!
After we found the theatre, DOJ then insisted on showing Mommy and PoPo the route for them to get to their Tube station to take the Tube home. This was right by Charing Cross Station, where they were to get the Tube at Embankment.
Even though we didn't take pictures, we stopped at the hotel by Charing Cross Station for scones! My parents and PoPo enjoyed them, although I had more fun looking at the beautiful Christmas tree and the big ornaments!
After our snack, Mommy and PoPo went to the theatre while DOJ and I strolled to Picadilly Circus to await the bus to take home. DOJ thought that it was cold, because he kept trying to put mittens on my hands. It's very hard for me to remove a mitten if I'm wearing mittens, but I realized that I can use my teeth to remove them easily! Then I threw them away so that DOJ wouldn't keep trying to put mittens on my hands... except then a very nice lady told DOJ that the mittens were on the sidewalk and he took them. But he got the hint - he didn't try to put the mittens on me again. Victory!
Once the bus arrived, we had a nice journey home! I went to bed soon after...
That was a fun Wednesday in London!
Love,
Julien the Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment