Sunday, December 19, 2010

Our trip to London, Dec 4 - 12, 2010!

Hi everybody!
It's me, Julien the Baby!
You may have noticed that I've not been blogging lately. The main reason is that it's just been very busy as of late! My parents *and* PoPo, my paternal grandmother, took me on a trip to London earlier this month! That was a lot of fun. But I've been having some jetlag and sleep difficulties since coming home from the trip, so I'm working on making adjustments to improve my sleep!
Anyway we flew to London on Saturday December 4. This was also the day of my 18-month birthday! Very fun and exciting - I got to ride on an airplane for 11 hours seated inbetween my two favorite people in the world, Mommy and Daddy, aka DOJ (Daddy of Julien)!
We arrived there a day later, on Sunday December 5. By the time we got to the house we rented, it was around 4pm and my parents and PoPo were busy unpacking and getting us all settled. DOJ, PoPo, and I then went out to explore the area and get take-away dinner while Mommy did other stuff in the house. I fell asleep while out and about, but had a great night of sleep!
On Monday December 6, we had a leisurely morning and then went on a London bus! My parents had read Rick Steves' London book and already knew which bus lines to take! They're very smart travelers!

Here I am on a London bus!

It's very exciting to see the action from the bus, so I'm more interested in looking outside. You can see that I like to hold onto the handrail for safety.

Here's the Tower of London! Although the picture was taken around 3:30pm, it already was getting dark!

Here's one of London's famous red photo booths that I got to see from the bus!

After the bus ride, we all went to get Afternoon Tea, a British tradition. We went to a nice restaurant called The Wolseley (which is also in Rick Steves' book), and there were a lot of normal non-tourists there having their Afternoon Tea.

It was a very nice place to enjoy Afternoon Tea!

There sure was a lot of silverware and dishware for Afternoon Tea! Mommy and PoPo each ordered a cream tea, which had scones, clotted cream, jam, and tea. DOJ had Afternoon Tea, which had the same but also sandwiches and pastries. Everybody was yumming it up!
After our meal, we headed back home and I went to bed! Although I had some trouble staying asleep, I got to drink more milk than usual and went back to sleep.
And that's the end of our first full day in London! Very fun!
Love,
Julien the Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment